Due to the current COVID 19 restrictions placed on Gyms, the opening hours are as follows:
Monday to Friday – 5am to 8pm
The Gym will not be open on weekends until the current restrictions are lifted.
All members are reminded that they MUST:
– Bring their own towel
– Bring their own water bottle
– Sign the sheet when entering
– Use the hand sanitiser before going on to the gym floor
Any member working out without a towel will be asked to leave.
We reopened on Monday, 15 June 202. The Gym will have a brand new look too as it has been totally repainted whilst closed.
Please read ALL of this post and hopefully it will answer all of your questions.
In line with the COVID-19 National and State Government Operating Guidelines (Stage 2), we ask that you abide by our following CODE OF COOPERATION:
1. We know how excited everyone is to finally get back in to the Gym. However, we ask that everyone avoid fist bumps, shaking hands, high fives and hugs. For the health and safety of all members and staff, please take social/ physical distancing seriously and abide by the Gym’s signage and equipment selections. Equipment will be rotated weekly. Equipment IS NOT to be shared during training sessions.
2. Please observe the markers on the floor.
3. Please use the hand sanitisers that are around the Gym. These have been placed throughout the facility.
4. We firmly request that ALL members take the time to wipe down their equipment both BEFORE and AFTER use. If you are unsure of how to properly use the disinfectant, please ask a staff member for assistance.
5.It is MANDATORY that ALL members SWIPE THEIR ACCESS CARDS AT EVERY VISIT. Failure to adhere to this rule may result in immediate membership suspension and/or fines. This is a Federal Government directive in order to facilitate contact tracing (should an outbreak occur).
6. In order to do a workout in the Gym, you MUST bring your own towel. No towel = No training
7. You must bring your own water bottle. Please note that the cold water bubbler will not be working. If you leave your water bottle in the gym after your workout, it will be disposed of.
8. Any items of clothing or earphones left in the lockers will be disposed of.
9. If you see something, SAY something. We are not asking you to approach other members to enforce these rules, but if you see a piece of equipment that may need some attention, please notify staff so we can address it promptly.
10. We are not medical professionals, but are required to follow local, state and federal guidelines for everyone’s health and safety. Therefore, if you have SYMPTOMS OF ANY KIND: ie, fever of any degree, cough, runny nose or are feeling generally unwell – PLEASE STAY HOME. If we suspect members in the Gym are unwell, you will be asked to leave.
11. We will, as always, continue our stringent protocols for proper cleaning, disinfection and sanitation, operations and maintenance of the Gym and it’s equipment.
12. By returning to the Gym, you understand that you must do your part to keep the facility open and to keep yourself and your fellow members and staff, safe and healthy. By entering the Gym, you agree to abide by this Code of Cooperation and in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, reaffirm your waiver, which you executed when your signed your Membership Application and voluntarily assume the risk of use of the facilities within the Gym environment.
13. Showers are off limits. If Members have been found to use the showers, membership suspensions will apply.
14. All direct debits commenced on Monday, 15 June 2020.
15. ALL members are encouraged to download and activate the COVID Safe app during gym attendance
16. Once capacity in the gym is reached, no further members will be permitted to enter.
17. The Gym will re-open at 12pm on Monday. It will then remain open 24 hours.
18. All Fitness Passport members will be required to have a casual membership until FPP re-opens on 1 July 2020. The cost is $20 per week (usually $25.50) and will be set up as a direct debit. Until a casual membership is organised, tags WILL NOT WORK.
19. The Gym will be open to ALL current financial members. No casual members or Guests of Members will be permitted to enter.
20. ANY member seen to allow people in to the gym that may have lost their tag, forgot their tag or want to come in and have a look around, will have their membership immediately suspended. The Gym cannot take the risk of having people in the Gym that have not been verified.
21. The Gym is a welcoming environment to all members. We understand that the implementation of these guidelines and rules may be onerous to adhere to and we ask for everyone’s cooperation whilst we navigate this new terrain, but if we all do the right thing, hopefully more relaxation of the rules will follow.
We trust this information answers all of your questions. We look forward to seeing you all next week!